Michigan County Divorces With Ties to Williams Co, OH - Abbott/Dick
by Pamela Pattison Lash
From Michigan County Divorces, 1897 – 1952 (online) - one gets some information but usually NOT who initiated the divorce or the grounds cited
Howard L Abbott/Violet Audrey Dick
Howard married two times
1. Effie Jostock, 22 November 1922, North Branch, Lapeer Co, MI; later divorced
2. Violet Audrey Dick, 24 December 1930, Bryan, Wms Co, OH, div 15 April 1941, Lenawee Co, MI
Audrey married three times
1. Joseph A Relyea, 17 November 1927, Steuben Co, IN
2. Howard Abbott – see above
3. Robert James Murray, 29 March 1946, Detroit, Wayne Co, MI; lived in Adrian. MI 1953-1958
Howard (1908 MI – October 1985, Marathon, Lapeer Co, MI)’ bur Mount Hope Cem, Lapeer Co, MI. He was the son of Cassius Abbott and Lillian Flansburg.
Violet (24 May 1909, Montpelier, Wms Co, OH – 26 July 1971, Adrian, Lenawee Co, MI); bur at Oakwood Cem, Adrian, Lenawee Co, MI. She was the daughter of Bert Dick and Laura Baker.
This couple had two sons, Jerry Verden and Lowell. Howard had a son, William from his first wife.
In 1934 and 1936 Howard was listed as a tree surgeon in the city directories of Adrian, MI.
1910 Superior Twp, Wms Co, OH – Audrey 11/12 OH with parents
1920 Superior Twp, Wms Co, OH – AV 10 OH with parents
1930 Montpelier, Superior Twp, Wms Co, OH – Violet 20 OH with parents
1940 Adrian, Lenawee Co, MI – Howard 31 MI/ Violet 30 OH with two sons
Williams County OH Marriages, V15 p225 certificate #449